Capital Allowances for Business Owners
Why Claim Capital Allowances?
Capital allowances are a valuable form of tax relief available to anyone incurring capital expenditure when buying or building commercial property. Identifying the actual plant and machinery will be the only way to obtain relief for most property expenditure.
Specialist input is needed to identify the maximum amount of expenditure qualifying for relief.
Quantum Assessment specialises in providing additional accountancy services, traditionally working alongside your accountant to obtain maximum tax savings.
What types of commercial property can obtain capital allowances?
Almost all – it’s worth a free review even if allowances are not available
Here are a few examples:
- Leisure: hotels, public houses, restaurants, cafes, sports facilities, caravan holiday and residential home parks
- Retail: retail stores, shopping malls, shops
- Office: office buildings, serviced offices
- Industrial property: office/warehouses, garages, distribution centres, windmills, factories.
- Healthcare: medical centres, hospitals, nursing homes
What about acquisitions, new buildings, extensions, refurbishments?
- Each type of project has opportunities
- There are Government incentives designed to encourage businesses to invest – enhanced allowances are available for assets which fit within well defined criteria
- These were introduced as an encouragement for all businesses