Applicable Property Types
What types of commercial property can obtain capital allowances?
Almost all – it’s worth a free review even if allowances are not available
Here are a few examples!
- Leisure: hotels, public houses, restaurants, cafes, sports facilities, caravan holiday and residential home parks
- Retail: retail stores, shopping malls, shops
- Office: office buildings, serviced offices
- Industrial property: office/warehouses, garages, distribution centres, windmills, factories.
- Healthcare: medical centres, hospitals, nursing homes
What about acquisitions, new buildings, extensions, refurbishments?
- Each type of project has opportunities
- There are Government incentives designed to encourage businesses to invest – enhanced allowances are available for assets which fit within well defined criteria
- These were introduced as an encouragement for all businesses